Happy December Friends
As the days draw shorter and fall into darkness, we feel it's downward pull on many levels.
How can we stay centered during the holiday hustle and bustle?
How do we manage the intense emotions that may accompany the holidays?
What strategies do we apply to stay true to ourselves and honor our bodies' capabilities in order to manage the stress load that we experience at our own, unique level?
1. The first order of business is to BREATHE. Never underestimate the power of a deep full breath (it activates your parasympathetic nervous system lending you to immediately feel calm). Realize that there is something greater within you able to handle anything that comes your way. You got this! You do.
2. Be grateful for something every day and feel the negative energy transform.
3. Take care of yourself: Do those things that nourish your body, mind, emotions and make your heart full!
4. Don't take your negative thoughts seriously, this too shall pass.
5. Be generous. Tis' the season of giving, so serve others in a generous way and in turn feel the uplift you experience in making others smile. In return you will receive the gift of your own giving.
6. Allow for any emotions that you experience to move through you, acknowledge them, feel them, honor them and then let them go. Return to being in the moment.
7. Open your heart and allow for what feels unresolved in your heart to simply be. Letting go of needing something to change or be fixed in this moment lifts the heaviness of that burden. Trust the unfoldment has its own time without forcing it to be one way or another.
8. Be present here and now...it is the greatest gift, (which is why we call a present a gift ;).